May 26, 2011

Creative Spaces: In Her Studio

Most of my friends in the fashion industry have such creative spaces and closets full of... well, clothes. I've started a new series that looks at the inner workings of my friend's closet spaces and also, creative spaces. Let me know how you like the series!

Going to fashion school with JI, I have always admired her illustrations for it's quirky factor. We've been friends since our very first year down to our graduating collections together. Sometimes we had to pull all-nighters in the lab to finish our collections, but we would always finish on time.

Her medium of choice is ink, marker and watercolor. Be sure to check out her illustration blog here.



Words from JI:  "My inspirations come from everything around me. I can be inspired by the great artists like Egon Schiele and Frida Kahlo or just simply mesmerized by the mess in my room."




"I am also influenced by androgyny and  gender roles.  More specifically, I am inspired by women’s roles in society and their self empowering energy."



"It may sound very cliché, but I wanted to be in  fashion as long as I can remember.  It was the only option I gave myself."


9 comments:

  1. what lovely lovely illustrations, they are so unique!

    --brittany--

    http://prettylittlevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this designer, i love her illustrations and her style!

    Have a wonderful weekend : )

    Virginie/ Couture & DIY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawings are amazing! Where did you learn to draw like this?


    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAAZING sketches. the photos are so inspiring!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely feature, I love her drawings! I'm a fashion designer too but currently a home mom, I miss the spirit of sewing studio so much... Thanks for sharing, have a lovely week <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the awesomeness! She's also on lookbook with her outfits and her illustrations beside, isn't it?
    I really love her style!! A mix between manga and minimal! Plus I love ink so much!! Thank you for sharing this "insider" view!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...