February 10, 2011

Montreal Fashion Week: Anomal Couture, Melisa Nepton

Ever since I moved to Montreal, I always make a point to attend the Montreal Fashion Week and this year was no exception. I decided to bring my camera with me to capture some highlights.

Anomal Couture was a blend of very bold and structural pieces. Lots of bustiers, bodysuits and big shoulders, cut out backs and boleros with a mixture of fabric blocking, leather and shimmering brocade. Very different and edgy pieces in this collection.



Melisa Nepton was the last show of the night. She had a polished collection of wearable knits, textured over pieces, blush silk blouses and soft draped blazers. I especially loved the Etruscan inspired felted caps with hair peaking out from the top. It added a touch of warrior edge to the soft cozy over sized knits and blazers. Where can I pre-order these?




7 comments:

  1. Looks like such an amazing collection! I especially love the knits! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! I want that fist belted dress with the plunging neckline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your visit, I also enjoyed to discover your blog! The pics are wonderful and very inspiring!

    Virginie/ Couture & DIY

    ReplyDelete
  4. just another reason why canada is so cool.

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my fav collection from MFW. Thanks for posting.

    Your newest follower,
    Like, Whatever

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...